02 Sep DB Sports Tours Starlets Named in Ireland U17 Squad
The Republic of Ireland under-17 manager Colin O’Brien has this week named his squad for next week’s friendly matches against Turkey. O’Brien named an 18 man squad for the games, with two DB Sports Tours signed players set to feature.
Both Brandon Kavanagh (Bohemians) and Gavin Kilkenny (AFC Bournemouth) have recently joined up with DB Sports Tours, and will be part of the action for next week’s friendly matches.
The Irish will host the Turks at Turner’s Cross on Tuesday, September 6 (7.30pm), then the sides will meet again at Midleton FC on Thursday, September 8 (12.00pm).
Ireland are preparing for the UEFA U17 Championships Qualifying Round which takes place in October. They travel to Andorra to take on the mini-tournament hosts, Kazakhstan and Greece with the top two progressing to the Elite Phase.
O’Brien’s side played two friendly games in Slovenia earlier this month – winning 3-1 and drawing 1-1. Turkey return to Ireland having secured two victories in Dublin against the same age-group earlier this year so a tough test is expected for the Irish.
Notably, This week Gavin Kilkenny signed with AFC Bournemouth. The full squad can be seen below:
- Brian Maher (St Patrick’s Athletic)
- Tom Murphy (Everton)
- Sean Brennan (Belvedere)
- Rowan Roache (Blackpool)
- Brandon Kavanagh (Bohemians)
- Dominic Peppard (Bohemians)
- Aaron Connolly (Brighton & Hove Albion)
- Adam Idah (Corinthians Boys)
- Marc Walsh (Finn Harps)
- Glen McAuley (Liverpool)
- Lee O’Connor (Manchester United)
- Aaron Bolger (Shamrock Rovers)
- Jordan Doherty (Sheffield United)
- Gavin Kilkenny (AFC Bournemouth)
- Kameron Ledwidge (St Kevin’s Boys)
- Cian Lee (St Patrick’s Athletic)
- Luke Nolan (St Patrick’s Athletic)
- Conor Coventry (West Ham United)